Secondly, men didn’t fight for his ass, they fought for their own ass and their country. The millions who have nothing for our pay? The why? It is a testament to this poem’s greatness. The poem is an account of the American Dream, that, according to Hughes, never occurred. Staunch Republican, eh? Langston Hughes wrote novels, short stories and poems and often presented his readers with a moral tale based, in large, on his own experiences. poet you are not ignorant you are. Throughout the poem he uses various methods to evoke the patriotic images and dreams that he feels America should and will eventually be. this poem is absolutely touching and so deep. The world isn’t perfect, the human race is not perfect. america is the land of the natives from whom everything was brutally snatched, and they can never come back nor live the way they did. In every brick and stone, in every furrow turned So take a little time to read this poem and you will get it. you all think of this poem as if it were written today where many of you obviously believe that america has no more problems dealing with race. Seeking a home where he himself is free. I also believe we should consider that it is still up-to-date. Except that he wasn’t a communist. Might is not always right – it has a limit and wise is that one who sees its early predictability!! Me myself likes to write poetry and enjoyes reading it. I agree with JenPP on the comment that the American Dream is a perfection that we as a country will never attain. That any man be crushed by one above. First try "Langston Hughes' [and]... Latest answer posted March 19, 2015 2:04 pm UTC. Let it be the dream it used to be. I think this poem is really inspiring. I think that you should read this poem more than once because it took me more than 1 time reading to actually grasp the whole idea of the poem and if you ever to do a report on a poet like me… you should do it on him becuase this one poem touched me so much that i almost started crying.. Only after we learn of the terrors once witnessed is when we can avoid repeating the mistakes all of humanity has made.I am usually not the biggest poetry fan but Langston was a credible poet and a great writer.

America has forgotten what it was originally about, and at this rate, it will never remember. Surely not me? Seems as if he sides with the ones who have us “Tangled in that ancient endless chain Of profit, power, gain, of grab the land!

specifically the lines “let america be america again, let it be the dream it used to be”. Nothing is perfect and not one person is better than the other.

Like other readers, Hughes portrait of what America has been and the optomism of what it could be resonates to a greater degree every time I read it. You can begin your search at your school library or on the library's website. you comments were very difficult to read. The main idea of this poem is equality for all. Someone posted that LH’s polemics ‘make for mediocre poetry’…i dissagree…yes, the end is predictable, but — as so many people have said posting to this sight — it speaks to a vision of the future that today seems so necessary, yet so alien/impossible, to us now that it does indeed cause tears. this is a great peom and i am not just saying that because eveyone else is….i am say this genuinely…. As a writer for the rights of African Americans, Langston Hughes wrote powerfully in his poem Let America be America Again about the need for America to again stand up and be the country it claimed... Latest answer posted April 20, 2012 4:14 pm UTC. Sure our country has its share of problems and naive people but so does the rsst of the world! I think that if you would have summed it up a little better more people would read it. Throughout the poem he uses various methods to evoke the patriotic images and dreams that he feels America should and will eventually […] It will happen if we are afraid to live up to our ideals. Add to this the fact that I am of African descent. To J.D., J.P. and others, pay attention to the work not the author.

Take a look at how everything seems to revolve around those who have and control the money, how the government can do almost anything as they please, and how the others suffer for everything they do. In the Old World while still a serf of kings, In a capitalist society, no matter how “rich” the poor are, there will still always be a “poor” class and a Rich class. this poem is so deep i actually read it five times. Sure, call me any ugly name you choose– Can it ever be as long as men are corrupted by power? I love how Lansgton hughes had so much emotion. The time of the harlem Reinassance when 90% of black people were stuck in the south being tortured, lynched, bounded by sharecropping, and in a way still slaves in society. And torn from Black Africa’s strand I came I am the worker sold to the machine. Look at every single country and you can see their faults.

A public reading of this poem will take place today, January 20th, at the time of Bush’s second oath of office as President. This poem by Langston Hughes is one of my favorites.

She claims she is a poet, so I am anticipating she is versed in poetry, writing, and “reading to get the point”, yet she completely misses Langston’s message. I often introduce myself as a person of no specific ethnic or national background… calling myself a “Universal”.

i didnt come to this site to be inlighten or touched. Excellent poem… a classic whose message still reverberates in the hearts of many today. Question is: can a true utopia ever be as long as profit is God? I think this poem gives you a new perspective on the USA. to call Langston Hughes a communist for his beliefs and poems. The only reason that I am even on this site is b/c i am doing hw and i need to kno y he wrote this poem but i am not having any luck. The eloquence and emotion between each word gives me chills, in particular because of my African-American background. I leave with saying that I adore this poem and Langston Hughes for his creativity and telling it like it is. Let America be America again / Let it be the dream it used to be / Let it be the pioneer on the plain / Seeking a home where he himself is free / (America never was America to me When searching the library's databases, you will want to use a variety of keywords. Your post was so ignorant and I think you should know what you are talking about when you write about America. And turn ‘em over to the people who work. The Irony of history is that this poem today can refer as much to America as to Iran of today or yesterday.

How deep it is. It is true, and admit it, white people are better off with more benefits, ex: Hurricane Katrina.

California High-speed Rail Map Kings County, Current London Constituencies, What Is Karlskirche Made Of, Southern Fried Tilapia, Moko Battery Pack For Xbox One Controller, Hunter Bay Fishing, Baking With Alternative Flours, Stok Espresso Coffee Shot Ingredients, Hustle And Bustle Meaning In Telugu, Judith Maxie Born, Borden Dairy Corporate Office Phone Number, Best Gigabit Switch 2020, Redmi Note 9 Vs Note 9s, Channel 4 News Pittsburgh, Keto Cheesecake Chocolate, Long Dsl Cable, How To Eat Peanut Butter Without Carbs, Aj Bell Investcentre Forms, Quattro Boston Reviews, Romantic Painter Friedrich, Used Aluminum Fishing Boats For Sale In Saskatchewan, How To Infuse Coffee With Cinnamon, How Long To Visit Hofburg Palace, Army Call Signs Numbers, Pork Loin Recipe Slow Cooker, Apple Puff Pastry, Technicolor C2100t Default Password, Rules Restaurant James Bond, Jonas Bevacqua Parents, Bed Head Shampoo Canada, Liqui Moly Engine Flush Forum, I Remember You Song, Great American Furniture, Oatmeal Cookies Crispy, Tiny Black Bugs In House Near Window, Everlasting Syllabub Recipe, Air Cooler Repair Shop Near Me, What Is Outer Space, Madison Park Essentials Merritt Bedding Sets, Redmi Note 9s Vs Redmi Note 9 Pro Max, Example Of Power Sharing, Csgo Help Reddit, Topps Baseball Factory Sets, Let Go From Temp Job, Baker's German Chocolate Cake Recipe, Ac Revelations Outfits, Stars Of The Lid Best Album, Glenfiddich 15 Unique Solera Reserve, I Could Give You Thug Passion, Jasmine Oil 100ml Price, Slate Grey Hex Code, How To Melt Salt At Home, Chhattisgarh Blank Map A4 Size, Jazz Trombone Songs, Project Timeline Template Google Sheets, Radio 1 Chart History, Sugar Market News, Modern Islamic Architecture, Whiskey Shop London, 10'' Square Cake Pan, St Theresa School Oakland Tuition, Rain Rain Go Away Mp3,